New Motherboard and XP Home

spuds 01:07 06 Aug 04

Due to constant problems, I am going to fit a better specification replacement motherboard. Will I need to re-activate/re-register XP Home.

hillybilly 01:10 06 Aug 04

Probably, but there should not be problem unless you keep on reinstalling. If you have not reinstalled within the past six months you should be okay.

spuds 01:30 06 Aug 04

Thanks hillybilly for the prompt response. I have not re-installed the XP,so I should be okay!.

hillybilly 01:32 06 Aug 04

Did it myself 'cause the mobo failed and after install just activated in the normal way!

Chegs ® 03:33 06 Aug 04

My recent eXPeriences with activating showed you can reinstall XP upto 10 times inside 30 days,about the 10th time,you can no longer activate it over the net,you have to phone a M$ number and they give you the info to activate it again but I would think that having installed & activated it 11 times in a short time,you would be as fed-up as I was. :-)

I have now been alerted to a method supposed to stop XP needing activated again,find the wpa.dpl file in C;\Windows\System32 file,copy it to a floppy and use Recovery Console to overwrite the file after here

spuds 11:29 06 Aug 04

Chegs..Thanks for the info.Now to get that new motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…