New Motherboard But Which One ?

God,s Unicorn 22:22 10 Jun 03

I want to buy a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP-A raid motherboard but i am not sure if my graphics card will work with it as Gigabyte state that only 1.5 volt cards are supported and I don't know the voltage of my card (Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 no TV out)
Also i have 512 Mb of DDR 400 RAM but do not know the make! Gigabyte have a compatabillity list for RAM, but by not knowing the make of mine I don't know if it will work.
If anyone can help I will be most greatful.
P.S. If this combination is not compatible could anyone suggest an alternative motherboard.
Thanx.

rickf 23:07 10 Jun 03

I have recently built a comp for a friend with Nanya DDR and works perfectly. I suspect it will also work with generic rams but you will not know until you try. With regards to the G/C you can find out the voltage by going to the manufacturer's website. It might also be printed on the card itself and will certainly be in your card's manual.

goonerbill 23:50 10 Jun 03

have ga-7vax and have used generic pc2100 and twinmos pc2700 and have had no problems at all.

brother in law has ga-7vaxp and has used only generic memory with no problems.

as for g/card, manufactures website or manual should tell voltage as said by rickf

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…