new motherboard help

astorey_76 14:32 02 Feb 09

Hi ive just had to buy a new motherboard ms-6712 which runs an amd athlon 2000 processor ive been told when i bought it ive installed it into my tower and bought a graphics card but im getting no output from the graphics tried graphics card in another system and it works fine how can i slove this problem the harddrive has no os on it could this be the prob but if i install windows xp on another syastem will it not pick up that motherboard spec. pls help me

crosstrainer 14:36 02 Feb 09

Check that:

All cables are connected for the card.

That onboard graphics are disabled if present (check in your BIOS screen)

If all cables are connected and the card is properly seated, you may have a faulty board.

astorey_76 14:46 02 Feb 09

everything is connected properly ive triple checked it powers up fine but no output at all on screen no onboard graphics either thats y ive bought the new card

crosstrainer 14:49 02 Feb 09

Sounds as if you may have a faulty motherboard, If the card works in another PC.

Even new boards can be faulty...Your best route may be to exchange it for a replacement.

gazzaho 15:01 02 Feb 09

You said you tried the card in another machine, would it be possible to try the card in that machine on the one with the problem? If so it would either confirm that the graphichs port on the mobo is faulty, or another hardwhare failure (perhaps power supply) was at fault.

astorey_76 17:03 04 Feb 09

ive tried the card out of another machine in it and that didnt work either, ive got 350w psu in the machine but ave got a spare 500w psu to try in it thought that this might be too powerful tho startin to believe ive got a faulty mobo now, ive bought a laptop now to solve my probs lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…