new motherboard, can i avoid reinstalling everythi

richierich 21:03 20 Mar 06

running Win 2000 pro, I have replaced motherboard I realise I need to have new drivers but is there a way of doing this without having to reinstall windows, other progs and data?
I have everything backed up but just wanted to save extra work. Is this something to do with repair console?
At the moment If I boot up it starts windows then reports a long message on a blue screen.

ed-0 21:06 20 Mar 06

Just about the same as XP. here you go richie click here

richierich 21:15 20 Mar 06

Thanks I did try this but I got an option for manual repair or emergency repair console, not quite sure what to do. Maybe its an ideal time to upgrade to xp but id like to try and carry on with win2k on this machine if i can keep all the programmes intact

ACOLYTE 21:19 20 Mar 06

If you replace the mobo its always best to install the OS again,because you can get problems as you have had.

ed-0 21:20 20 Mar 06

Do the manual repair, it will walk you through each section and should ask you if you want to do that section. If I remember correctley~~)

ed-0 21:24 20 Mar 06

This may help click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:40 20 Mar 06

Drivers to disable BEFORE changing motherboard
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…