New motherboard

big thomo 18:59 09 Jan 03
  big thomo 18:59 09 Jan 03

I have just installed a new motherboard and when I restarted the computer windows did not open it is the old hard drive that I am using am I going to have to format the HD

Elrond 19:00 09 Jan 03

Not necessarily. Was there a specific error message that came up?

Elrond 19:02 09 Jan 03

WHat version of windows

big thomo 19:08 09 Jan 03

It's Win Xp there was no particular error it just said that if it was the first time I saw the message to restart and if it comes up again to run chdisk /f and that there may be a virus but the computer was working fine untill I put in the new motherboard

Elrond 19:10 09 Jan 03

When you tried to load up did you get a blu screen saying something about windows being closed to protect the system or similar?

Elrond 19:13 09 Jan 03

If so are there any codes on the screen of the type 0xC00....?

big thomo 19:18 09 Jan 03

that was the message that I got up

jediknight007 19:22 09 Jan 03

Well, I recently had the same message when I upgraded my PC a few days ago. I think it's to do with your hard drive not being able to recognise your new mobo properly. I just changed my 1st boot device under BIOS to CD-ROM and then booted up with my Windows XP CD and then use the repair Windows thing. It should work. Better to try that first before formatting your hard drive since you might have some important stuff. If you feel like formatting like I did, just stick your hard drive in someone's PC and back up your stuff if possible.

Elrond 19:23 09 Jan 03

Can you give me the exact full code that appears something like VxD etc

big thomo 19:23 09 Jan 03

cheers I'll try that first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009