new motherboard

kkkoolkev 23:52 20 Oct 04

i have just replaced my motherboard and processor.
The motherboard is Elite L7VMM2 and i have a Amd 2600+ with pc2100 256ram. I have the same hard drive and case when I turn the pc on it says windows was not started properly. When i try any of the options the screen goes black. i have tried to reinstall windows and it gets as far to load all the drivers then says staring windows then crashes. the os is xp pro any help would be gratefully recieved.

hillybilly 00:04 21 Oct 04

Have you done a fresh install of XP? In the days of Win 98 you could change a mobo and once restarted you could then install all the necassary mobo drivers from the disk, but my experience is, it does not work with XP! Every time I've changed a board I've had to reinstall XP from scratch.

woodchip 00:06 21 Oct 04

You need to clear the drive before re-loading windows and motherboard drivers. If you have another drive, fit that as master, and change the drive that you have in the comp to slave, and fit it after you load winXP on the spare master drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…