New motherboard

mikeyb59 17:14 12 Jan 04

I currently have a Jetway 266B mobo which has been "adequate"!

I would like suggestions for a new mobo which while not costing an arm and a leg will be an improvment.

I run XP Pro and the new board must support at least my current XP2400+ and PC2100 DDR Ram.

Specs at present - Jetway 266B, XP2400+, 512Mb PC2100 RAM, 2 x 40Gb Seagate drives, CD writer and DVD writer.

I was awoken to its shortcomings due to my new Fujitsu-Siemens laptop out-performing my desktop.

Onboard sound/video not required.

As I said I don't want to spend a fortune/set the world on fire, but I figure there must be something better out there at a sensible price.

TIA mike

Mike574 17:35 12 Jan 04

click here or if you want very cheap click here

chrisinireland 17:50 12 Jan 04

go for the nforce 2 boared just bought one
best board i have ever seen and has 5.1 dolby sound card built in, go here and check the prices click here there farily cheap but the board is bluddy great.

mikeyb59 19:49 12 Jan 04

Thanks for the suggestions but not sure if cheap is the over-riding consideration.

As I said I don't wish tp spend a fortune but am looking for a good trade-off between price and performance.

All other suggestions welcome.

dave-jens 20:08 12 Jan 04

The A7N8X-X Deluxe is the best AMD on the market at the moment, but about £80.
I went for the cheaper A7V8X-X for about £50 and this has been fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…