New Monitor - Advice Please

Geord 20:02 25 May 07

I'm looking to replace my rather bulky (and old)Tiny Monitor on my PC for a new TFT monitor (around 19').

Can anyone give any good recommendations - my graphics card is a "XFX GeForce 5700" if that info is of any help.

Once purchased is it a simple case of unplugging the old and plugging in the new, or is there a set up procedure to follow?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Totally-braindead 20:12 25 May 07

Not really any procedure, you plug it in and start the PC windows will find it and install a basic driver, if the monitor you choose comes with a driver disk then you don't install windows own driver but point it towards the disk where it will find and install the relevant driver. Its fairly simple.

Theres lots to choose from personally I would be inclined to pop into my local PC World and see what they have and see what you like. I'm not saying that you should necessarily buy from them as you can often get it cheaper elsewhere and its worth looking about.
PCA reviewed 19" TFTs last month and they had various ones reviewed starting at £180 - £257.
You can get cheaper ones if you have a smaller budget.

conrail 20:14 25 May 07

don't know how good they are or even remember the make/model but Tesco have 17" for £99, 19" for £129 which are the cheapest I have seen

hzhzhzhz 20:31 25 May 07

how about this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…