New mobo+Old hdd

stef9000 20:30 02 Mar 03

hi all,
just got new motherboard this morning asus a7n8x must say the spec list is very good well impressed with it bargain to at 96 quid i thought.

well all works fine altered bios settings and stuff, but i dont want to sound thick but do i have to format my hard drive???? if so how do i do it (thick i know) running xp pro if that makes any diffrence and bios reads my memory ok but says cpu is athlon 1200 but its a 1900+ which i know is about 1600 but is this right?

can somebody give me a few pointers

thanks stef

AndySD 21:00 02 Mar 03

You should be able to boot with the new motherboard (MoBo)..... you will then need to uninstall the old MoBo drivers and install the new ones. but it may be best to do a Repair Installation click here

As for the processor speed check the FSB in the BIOS is set to 133

DieSse 21:44 02 Mar 03

Even XP does not handle motherboard changes well, as i have found out in a few upgrades recently. You get a better, cleaner, faster set up if you re-install your complete system from scratch. I have a number of clients who will testify to this.

If you do want to reformat and re-install, don't forget to save all your data/etc first.

professor 21:49 02 Mar 03

here to reformat your HD start up in ms-dos mode(not prompt) then type format c: /u

prof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…