New Mobo not detecting IDE2

lacker 12:33 23 Jul 03

Morning All,
Have very recently fitted a KT4V mobo and until today no problems.However this morning the BIOS refuses to detect my CD-RW(master) or DVD(slave).The Bios is set to 'Auto'.I have tried swapping the IDE cable to no avail.The electric power is OK as the drawers open when button is depressed.Is the mobo now faulty or is there something else I can try?.At least I can get by as I have a USB2 DVD/CD-RW which is working fine,but your suggestions would be much appreciated.

zanwalk 13:02 23 Jul 03

It does sound like a faulty mobo. One thing you could try is to swap IDE1 and IDE2, i.e. put your cd drives on IDE1 and see if the BIOS recognises them. That would almost certainly prove a faulty mobo.

lacker 14:03 23 Jul 03

I tend to agree with you,I was just hoping there was something I hadn't thought of.In fact I have just set up my CD-RW as slave to my HDD on IDE1 and it works perfectly.So I am now going back to my supplier to see what he suggests.I will mark this as resolved as far as this forum is concerned.
Many thanks for responding.
Regards Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…