New MoBo Dead?

Martlet 19:48 02 Apr 05

I have just connected up a new MoBo (Asus P4c800-E)+ P4 2.8 CPU 512Mb PC3200 & a MSI FX5500 Graphics card to a PSU. However there is no beep code when I power-up and the monitor remains in StandBy.
PSU appears to be working I have checked the voltages at the IDE, ATX & Drive plugs, & all are OK.
The CPU & Graphics Card fans, & hard & optical disks all powerup, but nothing from the MoBo or Monitor.
Any suggestions will be much apreciated.
VMT
Martlet

Nelmon2k 19:52 02 Apr 05

have you got the processor power cable attached on. Its a small 4 pin box one. I had that problem when i built my pc.

handy4x 19:54 02 Apr 05

i had this once and for some bizar reson it would not boot without spekers conected as the board had no speaker to beap may not be your prob but worh a try

DieSse 19:58 02 Apr 05

Try removing and refitting the processor and RAM. Somtimes a simple bad connection can cause this.

josie mayhem 20:43 02 Apr 05

Check the cmos jumper, is it set right or has it got the shorter/ cover thingy on the right pins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…