New mini 4gb iPOD

OK Computer 13:45 23 Feb 04

I know this message is in completely the wrong forum but I thought I'd take a long shot and post it anyway.

I'm looking at buying Apple's latest iPOD - the mini 4gb iPod. The thing is, as with most things in this country, its considerably more expensive here. I can get it for £134 from America as oppose to £200 here (I know i'm being a little cheap here but still!)

I have a friend who lives in the States.

The thing i want to know is, can I legally import it into this country and how much will it cost for the privilege? If I was simply to have him ship it out as normal mail would I be breaking any laws? What kind of penalty would I be looking at if customs got hold of it?

I know this is very un-i.t but I thought i'd ask anyway.

Thanks in advance

Mart

Diodorus Siculus 14:20 23 Feb 04

Yes, you can legally import to US. You will have to pay import duty and VAT but I don't know the current rates.

OK Computer 14:21 23 Feb 04

thanks, any idea where I can find these rates out?

Diodorus Siculus 14:22 23 Feb 04
  eivets 14:44 23 Feb 04

anyone know roughly how many sings a 4gb ipod would hold? and where i can get a cheap one on the net or that?

Cheers

OK Computer 14:45 23 Feb 04

1,000 songs.....and for price, trying desperately to get it from the US hence my original post!

OK Computer 14:52 23 Feb 04

Diodorus Siculus,

From the site you gave me, I could be reading into this all wrong, they only seem more concerned with business' buying in bulk than the average consumer (i.e. me!) buying one product

Diodorus Siculus 15:56 23 Feb 04

click here and have a read.

OK Computer 16:11 23 Feb 04

thanks, i think as long as I pay the correct shipping im in the clear. Thanks for your help anyway

Diodorus Siculus 16:30 23 Feb 04

The person posting will have to put a sticker on it giving details of what is in it and its value. Then the deliverer will have to collect whatever excise duties etc is due on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…