New Microsoft Office and old version of Access

bpzoom 16:44 18 Apr 08

I have been using an old version of Microsoft Office with Access. I have been given a present of Microsoft Office 2007 Standard, which of course has not got Access included. I would like to use the new Office 2007 software for WORD and continue using the old Office version for Access. If I uninstall the old Office, can I force it to reinstall on another Drive or partition, keeping it separate from the new software? Installation appears not to give an option to choose another drive for re-instalation of the older software.

Sea Urchin 16:53 18 Apr 08

No need to uninstall the old version - simply go into Add/Remove programs and find Office(old) and click change - then remove Word from the options. The old and new will then run happily side by side.

bpzoom 16:56 18 Apr 08

Many thanks Sea Urchin. I will do just that.

Diemmess 17:07 18 Apr 08

Just speculation.......

If you have a good backup system like Acronis, you could do worse than try!
I would suggest you install the New Office onto the existing older one rather than the way you suggest.

With a lot of luck, the old Access will remain and still work.

If you uninstall old Office, and then install the new (standard) that will of course work, but I would expect a brief but absolute refusal if you then tried to put the old Access back again.

Office intergrates with the Windows OS and merely shifting much of the program to another drive won't solve fouled up files.

If it proves a useless tangle, well that backup can earn its place for you!

freaky 21:15 18 Apr 08

Book marked - interesting topic!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…