New memory stick won't work

Jenny-214923 16:33 07 Dec 03

My motherboard is IWILL kk266plus and is running with 2 memory sticks, 128 and 256. I tried to put 512 in the third slot and although the computer starts up and counts the memory, the screen subsequently goes blank and stays that way. Is it a graphics card issue or what?

VoG II 16:38 07 Dec 03

What version of Windows? W98 and ME are limited to 512 MB I believe.

Diemmess 17:37 07 Dec 03

Prior to installing HyperOs I booted my Windows98SE with 1Gb of RAM........Total chaos which fortunately recovered when I removed the Big chip!

If your system can cope with this much RAM, it must be a dodgy chip, otherwise an ordinary incompatible or defective chip would go unrecognised or nullify some more memory.

soy 17:55 07 Dec 03

Dunno if it would help but its worth a try.

Put the higest Memory Stick (512) in the first slot, 256 in the middle slot and 128 in the third slot.

TommyRed 18:06 07 Dec 03

I'd try as soy mentions, also my PC wouldn't recognise locally bought RAM (Made in China) so I got some of Crucial and it worked fine. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…