new memory inserted lost use of cd rom drive

stealth47 19:41 08 Jan 03
  stealth47 19:41 08 Jan 03

i have just upgraded my memory to 256mb sdram and lost use of cdrom drive what happens when i start computer is it starts loading normally then stops and comes up with following message sec slave-atapi imcompatible next line says press f1 to resume i do this and computer starts loading again normally and recognises new memory installation but my cd rom on taskbar shows red circle with red forward slash on it so i am unable to play games etc that require disk to be in cd drive my motherboard manual doesnt give any idea how to fix this problem the memory sticks are both 128mb 100mhz speed my motherboard specifies that it accepts 256mb sdram

BRYNIT 19:53 08 Jan 03

Have you tried removing the new memory to see if it sorts out the problem.

Diemmess 19:56 08 Jan 03

I don't know why it is doing this if modest RAM change is all you have done.

You could try disconnecting the data cable to the CDROM after you have "removed" the driver.

Then reboot and make sure all goes smoothly otherwise.

Finally, reconnect the data cable, bootup again, and hopefully Windows will "find new device" and
reload the drivers for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…