New members please read this

Totally-braindead 11:52 21 Dec 06

This has been posted before but I'm seeing a lot of threads again posted with titles like "Please help". This isn't helpful at all. Could you please try to use a title that gives people an idea of what is wrong. If your CDROM is malfunctioning something as simple as that as the title would be helpful.
When members are looking through the threads to see what they can help with its better for us to see what the problem is immediatly as we all are better at certain things than others and it saves us wasting our time reading a thread on something we know nothing about.
Thank you.

Technotiger 12:01 21 Dec 06

Here here! I second that.

birdface 12:08 21 Dec 06

May I also add,Ther are lots of people out there with the same sort of problems as you,So follow the thread hopeing to get a fix for their computers ,So if you do get a fix for your problem, Let us know what it was ,So that it may help others,

audeal 12:24 21 Dec 06

Also remember, we don't all know it all, so If you get a remedy for your problem then letting us know what it is will give us a chance to learn a bit more and then we can pass it on to others with the same problem as yours. There is always room for learning even for the "Experts".

Meshuga 13:19 21 Dec 06

I totally agree with the above comments

Diodorus Siculus 13:34 21 Dec 06

Good point, well made, as they say.

I'd just like to ask more seasoned members not to berate new members for failing to do so. I always dislike a posting that simply tells the new postee that he/she should have been more descriptive in choosing a title and fails to offer any further advice. On a similar note, I dislike the tone of a post that says "This is a computer forum - not for mobile phones / cookers / flattened hedgehogs" and so forth.

Admittedly it doesn't happen often but when it does, I'm disappointed to read it because it takes nothing to be friendly.

Diodorus Siculus 13:35 21 Dec 06

Good point, well made, as they say.

I'd just like to ask more seasoned members not to berate new members for failing to do so. I always dislike a posting that simply tells the new postee that he/she should have been more descriptive in choosing a title and fails to offer any further advice. On a similar note, I dislike the tone of a post that says "This is a computer forum - not for mobile phones / cookers / flattened hedgehogs" and so forth.

Admittedly it doesn't happen often but when it does, I'm disappointed to read it because it takes nothing to be friendly.

Diodorus Siculus 13:42 21 Dec 06

Sorry about the double posting - site didn't respond for a while...

esbe 15:53 21 Dec 06

Also, try the 'Search Forum' facility, as a problem similar to your own may have already been solved in another thread.

cheers.

VoG II 16:14 21 Dec 06

Bump.

provider 2 16:17 21 Dec 06

You deflated, VoG ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now