new large widows security update waiting for you

frankie 20:26 13 Jun 06

new large widows security update waiting for you ...

Jackcoms 20:28 13 Jun 06
  The Spires 21:15 13 Jun 06

Cheers frankie

woodchip 22:16 13 Jun 06

click here

Microsoft using us as guinea pigs

VoG II 22:19 13 Jun 06

I'm all for anything that roots out the thieves and potentially makes Microsoft software cheaper.

lester1 00:39 14 Jun 06

I did the custom download there was no listing for Genuine Advantage Tool that I could see must already be on my machine!

vinnyT 11:27 14 Jun 06

I have no probs with wga, a company has the right to secure its property (so long as that is all they do), still it would be nice to have been asked to join the test.

iscanut2 12:46 14 Jun 06

Has anyone noticed a deterioration in speed of their browsing since downloading the Genuine Advantage Tool from MSoft ?

spuds 12:58 14 Jun 06

Nuts-- WGA doesn't seem to have made any difference.

bretsky 13:14 14 Jun 06

Thanx, 9 here downloaded and no problems so far.
Oh yes, because I don't have sp2 installed, Microsoft has put a little icon in the notification box saying that support for sp1 will cease from October 2006.

bretsky ;o)

Spark6 14:00 14 Jun 06

Has anyone been able to download yesterday's SECURITY UPDATES without accepting the WGA notification?

I understood that MS would continue to distribute security updates for their software, to protect the Web, without validation. Have they changed their policy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…