new laptop/vista/xp

brunettedonna19 22:09 20 Dec 07

Hiya all i need HELP! Basically im getting a new laptop im looking around and i like the

Toshiba l40-14I
Intel Celeron M 530 Processor
(1.73 GHZ. 533 MHz FSB, 1 MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista
Home Premium
1 GB Memory
120 GB Hard Drive
15.4 WXGA Widescreen Display
DVD-SuperMulti
Dual Layer Drive
INTEL GMA X3100 Graphics Card Type
Wireless Enabled

The thing is ive herd windows vista isnt that good and as this isnt much memo i expect it will run slowly?? If i get this laptop can i change it from vista to xp? What do you all recomend? Also do any of you know if this laptop i want is any good? (As u can tell i havent got a clue about laptops) lol

skidzy 22:23 20 Dec 07

Is this your thread also...very similar click here

brunettedonna19 22:24 20 Dec 07

No not my thread only just signed up as been looking for help and couldnt find any this looked good website so thought id give it a go

skidzy 22:31 20 Dec 07

Ok then;

Basically that spec is the same as in the above link,and all the answers are there.

Tell us your budget and we can try to find you something better.

Is the lappy going to be used for the basic requirements,ie email, internet, burning the odd cd etc,basically nothing heavy like video editing,games etc.

brunettedonna19 22:34 20 Dec 07

Well basically we got an e i systems atm which is rubbish and its now a right off so pc world are sending r vouchers 2 get a new laptop i think i will only get 350 pound in vouchers (what we paid for ei systems) altho i can put about 50 pounds of my own money to get a better one. yeah il just use it for burnin odd cd, emails, internet, msn.

skidzy 22:43 20 Dec 07

Maybe;

click here
click here

Note these are 15in screens

brunettedonna19 22:45 20 Dec 07

iv herd advent is as bad as ei systems but was looking at that compaq one looks quite good, is compaq a good make?

Crash 22:51 20 Dec 07

Yeah my mate has that compaq one haven't seen it yet but he said its quite good but because the Advent has a core 2 duo processor i'd go for it.

skidzy 22:52 20 Dec 07

Personally we have an Advent here and its ok but the Dell lappy (Inspiron 6400 core2duo) is way ahead,but there again so was the cost.

In my book,you get what you pay for.

brunettedonna19 22:53 20 Dec 07

would u say that compaq one is better than the toshiba?

Crash 22:57 20 Dec 07

Definitely wouldn't touch a celeron processor they are really slow compared to a core 2 duo or a pentium

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…