New Laptop wont connect.

Ex plorer 19:33 28 Jun 06

Hi my Son has bought a Sony Laptop the problem is we cant get it connected to the net.
All it comes up with is Page cannot be displayed.
I have tried all suggestions in the cannot be displayed menu.
I have a voyager 1200 modem which is wireless and is showing full strength on the Laptop
I have tried the wizard setup for MSN and just by DC IE.
There have been people in the house with laptops that connect OK.

Ex

Ikelos 19:37 28 Jun 06

what is the firewall he is using, he might need to put the IP address in..

Ex plorer 19:43 28 Jun 06

Win xp Firewall.
I tried looking to see if Norton AV was running a firewall but it froze as soon as it put up the first screen. I cant get rid of first screen of Norton at the moment. I have now disconnected Win FW but it still wont connect

Ex plorer 19:48 28 Jun 06

The strange thing is Norton did an update when I first switched it on even though IE could not be found.

Ex plorer 21:04 28 Jun 06

Hi I still cant get onto the net through IE but I have just spent the last ten minuets watching Norton search ror updates and bring it up to date.
I have tried a number of serches with google all to be returned with Page CannotBe Displayed.
What am I missing.

ade.h 21:10 28 Jun 06

What connection is IE trying to use? Internnet Options > Connections tab.

Ex plorer 21:15 28 Jun 06

OK now sorted how and why is strange the Norton Icon foze the first page it opend all the time so I deleted it, I DC IE and its connected?
The start up tray is totaly different now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…