New laptop with twitchy keys - help

  lovingit 10:20 16 May 07

I hope you can help. I have just bought a new MSI megabook (very nice!) but I have a problem. Whenever typing it seems to suddenly do something which either deletes some of the messgae or moves the cursor so I'm typing in the wrong place. I have checked I am not resting on the mouse pad built into the keyboard but wondered if there was anything else I'm missing!

  Gongoozler 11:26 16 May 07

Accidentally pressing the "Insert" key will cause you to overwrite any text already in the document, but other than that this sounds to me like a keyboard defect.

  gudda96 19:10 16 May 07

If its any help, I have recently changed from a desktop to a laptop and although I love it, the keyboard took some getting used to.

What I did was buy an adapter and I connected my old keyboard to my laptop as its easier.

I have now gone one better by buying a wireless keyboard/mouse with a simple plug into a usb port.

This one is an Advent from Curry at £25 which is 1/2 price.

  Forum Editor 19:57 16 May 07

with my new Toshiba laptop. It drove me mad until finally I decided to use a mouse, and disable the touch-pad.

I've had no trouble at all since then.

  laurie53 09:03 17 May 07

I have used three laptops.

They are all very prone to operating if your finger only just hovers above the touch pad without actually touching it. Presumably there is some sort of capacative effect.

It's infuriating!

  Gongoozler 09:08 17 May 07

Some laptop touch-pads can have their sensitivity controlled in their utility software. Right click on the icon in the taskbar and see if this option is available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now