new laptop plenty baggage.

KRONOS the First 20:01 PM 23 May 12

OK,So got the laptop, Original thread,

No one warned me about the amount of bundled garbage that comes with a new laptop, I am seriously considering wiping the HDD and installing a fresh copy of windows 7.

One question though can I just stick on a copy of Widows 7 and activate it with the COA that comes with the laptop?

birdface 20:21 PM 23 May 12

have to agree with you about the garbage that comes with a new computer it is pathetic that they are allowed to do that.

As you know I downloaded W/7 Sp1 and ran it on my grand daughters computer using the keycode on the COA sticker without any problems.Mind you that was on a New hard drive.I would imagine it would be Ok but will leave that for others to comment.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:41 PM 23 May 12

decrapifier designed for your job

KRONOS the First 05:54 AM 24 May 12

buteman

So you did.I remember your your post cocerning your granddaughters laptop.I think I am going to go the SSD route,perhaps get a 256GB for my desktop and use the 128GB which will be freed up for my laptop. Prices of SSD's are dropping in price pretty rapidly so this route is definitely under consideration,

Fruit Bat /\0/

Way ahead of you on that bit of software. Including games that came with Wild Tangent I have removed 30 items. A clean and bare installation of Widows 7 is a must,I beleive.

samkallis 06:12 AM 24 May 12

Web design is creation of designs in the web pages of the web site. Web design constitutes more innovated and technical aspects with huge information. Web designs are the process of modeling, designing, structuring and executing the aspects which are suitable for the web site. Web designs may comes up with collections of more designs as per the ideas and plans to make the web site with more new web designs. Web designs include contents, files, tags, update pages, graphics and so on. Generally web designs comprises of innovated and graphical techniques as well as they are created to become easy approachable to the web searchers and it is done using wide understandable techniques.

Web Design India

rdave13 10:05 AM 24 May 12

Chronus, I've got so used to the rubbish that comes with new laptops I never though of mentioning it. I just go to the desktop, see what's on, and straight to programs and features. The only thing I do keep is the webcam software. If you're going to use the SSD then you should save even more battery power.

rdave13 10:14 AM 24 May 12

Spam by samkallis, FE notified.

KRONOS the First 10:14 AM 24 May 12

rdave13

I have also discovered that it will not now allow me to install office 2007 and this is because there was a trial version of 2010 which I uninstalled but it leaves enough rubbish behind which even Revo misses that you cannot install 2007. A common enough problem I have found through Google.

So I am just setting up a USB to install a fresh copy of Windows 7.This is by the way an absolute nightmare and in future i will have to think very carefully if I want to go through tis just to have a piece of kit work the way I want.

rdave13 10:19 AM 24 May 12

Have a look at the fix-it

rdave13 10:21 AM 24 May 12

PS I never use revo to uninstall any Microsoft products.

rdave13 10:30 AM 24 May 12

If you're doing a fresh install worth using Double-Driver to backup all non Windows drivers?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED