new laptop or windows 7

rocketbob 20:07 PM 23 Jun 11

my laptop is four years old the battery does not old its charge other wise its ok. is it worth it to replace the battery and change to windows 7, i have made a back up of my documents and music files, do have to make a back of the appications i have downloaded(how do you do that]

recap 20:32 PM 23 Jun 11

Your laptop is old for 4 years. I would bite the bullet and buy a new laptop, you would then get Windows 7.

It would be better to just download your applications again, I know it's a pain but it would be easier and you would benefit from the most recent updated programs.

rocketbob 10:36 AM 24 Jun 11

i am going to take your advice and get a new laptop thanks for your reply recap

wee eddie 11:07 AM 24 Jun 11

Be aware that some of your Peripherals will not run with Windows 7.

For example, older Printers, Scanners, Cameras and even some Software. So the cost of upgrading is not necessarily just that of the new Lappy.

One of the advantages of having an old Lappy, that does all you need, is that no one is likely to even think of stealing it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…