New laptop buying advice

tobeloy 21:13 19 May 10

My 8yr old toshiba is on its last legs and I am looking to upgrade to something that will do me for about 5 years or so.

I am a bit rusty on latest technology so any advice is appreciated, I have a few laptops in mind and opinions on these systems would be good.

I use the laptop for mainly internet, admin stuff, watching movies and tv progs like on iplayer etc, I also listen to some music and play games but i am not a huge gamer so am not looking for a gaming system however if I wanted to play a game then it would be good to have some decent gfx to do so.

I have been solely looking at Asus & Toshiba as my old system was so reliable and I only had to repair the jack on it, these 2 brands come out on top of most reliable too.

Here are the 3 systems I have looked at,

click here

click here

click here

I have £800 to spend as I wanted something thats quite tech advanced for the next few years, its also a sort of desktop replacement so a bigish screen was a must, my old system had a 17 inch screen.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

chub_tor 10:12 20 May 10

I have been a Toshiba Satellite P100 17" owner for several years now and it has been very reliable so I can see why you are attracted to them. However if I had around £800 to spend today I would be attracted to the new Sony Vaio click here with Blu-Ray player and excellent graphics. My son got one recently and I must say I am mightily impressed and somewhat envious.

chub_tor 10:13 20 May 10

ps should have added that you can pick it up for around £825 at Dabs and probably one or two other places as well.

ronalddonald 13:54 23 May 10

you could always try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac