New laptop BSOD error

Noelg23 00:43 11 Aug 05

ok a friend of mine went and bought a laptop from PC World (yeah I know I had a go at her too!!) anyway its an Advent 7077 P4 3.4GHz machine with 512DDR shared RAM (with the graphics of upto 64MB) 80GB HDD and DVD RW and the usual whistle and bells...now the problem is 2 days after she had it she says it was crashing on her. I now have it with me and have experienced the same problem. the big problem is it only displays the error for at least 2 seconds then the system reboots...even if I hit the pause key it dont make a difference. the funny thing is the error looks similar to one my ex-fiance├ęs mum had after I built her PC a year ago. so I am guessing its a hardware problem, cos I have done system restore to when she bought the machine and the problem still occurs. anyway my question to you guys is how do I reinstall the whole OS on the system? its an 80GB HDD as I said before but 10GB of that is hidden...so I want to know how do I get into that 10GB and restore the machine to how it was when she bought it. I warned her not buy one but she went ahead anyway...your help is greatly appreciated people...thank you...

Completealias 03:00 11 Aug 05

I take it back to pc world if the system is only 2 days old and getting BSOD and crashing out already there is something not right. You could spend days poking around at it and still not fix the thing take it back and get them to sort it out.

Noelg23 11:55 11 Aug 05

well thats exactly what I will do...still cant believe she went and bought it...i could have built her a new system for same price but with better specs...bearing in mind this is a laptop tho...but stilll she will feel my wrath...lol thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5