new laptop boot problems!!!

joeapperley123 23:55 24 Mar 07

bought a new HP DV2278ea, install was fine etc. working and everything..

THEN!

i put into hibernate, for the second time, and on powering back up - nothing reads from the hard drive, the display doesnt turn on, doesnt boot from CD either.

all the LEDs come on, like they do in normal power-up, but its like they've froze.

6 hours ive had it for, 6!!

any ideas|?!

terryf 00:30 25 Mar 07

Don't mess with it, take or send it back or 'they' will say you have messed it up. Personally I never use hibernate but that is a matter of my personal opinion, I never had any success with it but it is used a lot now for media centers

joeapperley123 00:37 25 Mar 07

yeah im gonna wait till tomorrow and ring HP.

i bought it from john lewis with a two year warranty, and they're usually good with replacements.

it was running vista that was (semi)pre-installed, and i know vista has bugs.. but im running vista on my PC and its fine on that.

im pretty annoyed though, when you shell out £900, you expect it to last more than 6 hours.

ive been doing some research and i believe it to be a hardware fault, especially as the hard drive is completely unactive.. some opinions would be welcomed though..

cheers!

joeapperley123 15:40 25 Mar 07

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…