New Laptop activation problem

symphony 20:32 27 Dec 10

Hi

I'm awaiting delivery of my first laptop and I've bought Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition software in anticipation.

I need the programme almost immediately as I have health issues preventing me sitting down to write for long lengths of time.

I do not have wireless internet or any means of connecting the laptop online for the time being. (It's one user so no putting the prog onto the desktop which has microphone issues!)

I have just learned the software requires online activation.

If I took my laptop to a wifi cafe or internet cafe I wonder could I activate the software this way?

Here's the laptop and specification:

click here

rawprawn 20:50 27 Dec 10

I don't see why not as long as the activation code is recognised

symphony 01:26 28 Dec 10

How do I wifi enable my laptop prior to attempting the installation please?

The spec is in the link above.

rdave13 01:55 28 Dec 10

Use the same connection as you are using now.

symphony 11:52 28 Dec 10

I may not have been clear rdave13.
The laptop is about to be delivered.

I posted the specification up hoping someone would advise me whether it is wifi ready or not.

Do I need to buy an accessory of some sort to get on a wifi connection in a cafe or similar or will it work on wifi 'out of the box'?

Thanks.

peugeot man 12:13 28 Dec 10

Reading the spec you have posted it clearly states in the features section "Wired Networking Port 10 / 100 MHz ethernet
Wireless Built in 802.11g".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…