New Laptop

Lady Lara 11:05 31 Aug 09

I have looked at some old Posts and cannot seem to fathom things out. I have got a new laptop and want to copy some applications, not the OS, to it. I want to be able to choose which apps to copy etc. Not too fussed about pics but my itunes library is on my old laptop and i don't want to lose my music collection.

Is Acronis the way forward or is there something better, cheaper or even free out there. Will i lose my apps and have to purchase another registrations.??

Many thanks

x

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 31 Aug 09

As far as programs are concerned you will have to reinstall them using the install disks or downloaded file.

Whenever I download a program I always use the option "save" rather than "run" then I can always reinstall later if I need to.

Pineman100 12:02 31 Aug 09

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ says, you can't copy a program from one computer to another. You must reinstall your programs on your new computer. Provided you have legitimate product keys for them all, this shouldn't be a problem.

Your music collection, however, is not a program - it's data. So all you need to do is copy the releveant files/folders from your old computer on to your new one. The same is true of your photos. To do this you could use a USB drive or DVD(s) (unless you have a crossover cable).

I don't use itunes, but I'm sure it's a free download, so just download it on to your new computer, and once you've copied your music files across then you should be set up just as you were on the old one.

Lady Lara 12:50 31 Aug 09

Will take the advice and see how i get on... will close post later unless i get any problems.

Thank You
x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…