New Lappy,different processor from spec??

buel 13:55 25 Dec 08

Hi, well thanks to Skidzy,smackheadz,alan14,Crossbow7,keef66 and a few others, my gf now has a shiny new laptop (AT LAST i hear you all cry, ha ha) I want to say a huge thankyou to you all and id like to ask a question about the processor that is in her new lappy:
I bought a HP Pavilion dv4-1000ea for a 'sale price' of £499 (reduced from £580) and the processor should be a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz according the various websites iv visited(altough, strangely, i have failed to find an exact processor code on the sites i visited)but according to the box it came in it should be a Intel Core 2 duo processor P7350(2.0Ghz) BUT on the properties on the screen it is actually a Intel Core 2 Duo [email protected] 2.27Ghz, please can anyone tell me why this is, is it 'correct', and is it a better or worse processor?
Thankyou in advance for your help and im sorry if im worrying unduly....-Happy Christmas to you all-Buel

Belatucadrus 14:23 25 Dec 08

click here
click here
Why ? At a guess the one has superseded the other, either way it's a marginal performance enhancement that makes no practical difference in real time use. Send Santa a nice thank you note and enjoy.

ambra4 14:27 25 Dec 08

Download CPU-Z and it will tell you the correct cpu in the computer

click here

If it a Intel Core 2 Duo Processor [email protected] don’t complain as it a faster cpu than the

Intel Core 2 duo Processor P7350 (2.0Ghz)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…