new lap top toshiba

andrecrosby 11:23 AM 23 Jan 12

hello all just thinking can u help me out like i say just got a new laptop i also have from cable a d-link wireless router which i have had last 2 years but never used it y i got the laptop was 4 my mother 2 use now and then because she has showed an interest on the net and that's y i got one now the problem i have is it wont connect 2 the net the router is d-link dir-615 so thinking should i go out and buy a new router as i,v been reading there not so good + i,m not very good with these things the simper the better 4 me + my mum lives next door 2 me which is handy so i need something with a bit of range i do have a budget i go up 2 £50/65 pounds thank u very much andy

Woolwell 17:15 PM 23 Jan 12

Punctuation helps to make a post understandable.

Can the new laptop see the router at all? If not you may need a range extender. If 2 separate houses a homeplug system will not work.

I've got a DIR-615 and I'm quite pleased with it. No problems at all.

Woolwell 18:16 PM 23 Jan 12

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…