NEW KODAK PRINTER WON'T INSTALL

rotormota 07:28 18 Dec 08

Hi,
I bought a new Kodak ESP 9 AiO printer but there are installation issues. 1/I have the latest software downloaded from Kodak (the supplied disc auto redirected me to the site for the most up to date version) but it gets right to the end of the install & sends the PC into an unannounced restart. Once rebooted the required software does appear to be in place. 2/Once connected with a USB the printer is initially recognised by Windows (the New Hardware balloon pops up in the system tray) but then one of two things will occur. Either this process also sends the PC into an unannounced restart over & over or the Windows Printer Installation Wizard displays a message stating that the printer name is not valid or recognised.

I have got on to Kodak who are looking into the issue but I thought I would try here too.

Any thoughts? WinXP MCE HP Pavilion.

Thanks.
J

mgmcc 08:37 18 Dec 08

You could try booting into "Safe Mode" to install the software, in case something is causing a conflict when you install from a normal boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…