New keyboard and mouse - suggestions please !

domtheboy 14:31 26 Apr 04

Hello to you all once again....

Fresh from firing off my old graphics card I am again on an upgrade mission. This time it's my keyboard and mouse that I'm looking to upgrade.

I'm after a cordless keyboard with a cordless optical mouse. Can anyone recommend a quality set ? I'm prepared to pay a decent amount for them but nothing too ridiculous.

As always thanks in advance for your help

moore_mat 14:36 26 Apr 04

Hi domtheboy

Logitech are probably the most sought after out there. The set that uses the mouse that recharges itself is shown here:-
click here

A nice bit of kit!

Hope this helps.

Diodorus Siculus 14:58 26 Apr 04

IF you can get an "ergonomic" keyboard (one curved in the centre) you will never go back to another - I have an MS one and it is excellent to use.

byfordr 16:14 26 Apr 04

Agree with moore_mat superb! Try click here or click here click here for the best price.

tomleady 16:24 26 Apr 04

i, and other people i know, that when playing games on the pc, using optical (wireless) mice, can be really annoying as the mouse can tend to wander off, or just not do as you want!

thats what i've found anyway. but for every other use, they are excellent.

domtheboy 16:28 26 Apr 04

Thanks for that tomleady - I'm a bit of a gamer so maybe an optical wireless mouse isn't best suited for my needs. Hmmm, what does anyone else think ?

woodchip 16:45 26 Apr 04

This may not be exactly what you are looking for but take a peek at the reviews
click here

961 16:52 26 Apr 04

I've had a houseful of mices and after all the troubles that you can think of with all the rest I've been with Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue for the last 6 months and it's fine. It cost under £20

Wireless mice are a nightmare. I've had Logitech Microsoft and various others and the problems with them all relate to lack of charge for the battery and wireless interference with the monitor and the computer and the speakers close by. It's all very well to say the mouse has to be so far away from all this stuff, but it just ain't going to be that way

As for keyboard I have a Logitech Y-BE22 which cost about £40 and has various buttons aroumd the keyboard for calling up various internet pages and so on

Again, this has a cord. Perhaps it's me, but after all the mouse troubles I can live with a bit of wire between keyboard and computer

woodchip 17:05 26 Apr 04

I had a Microsoft Optical Mouse for about the same length of time but was £34 it was rubbish it broke the wire near the mouse internal so was almost US. I bought a USB wire and cut one end of and fitted into mouse it works but the USB wire is thicker than the original. it as been a long time in the cupboard. I now use a Harry Potter Optical mouse £2.50 And it still going strong and a far better mouse as it does as it's supposed to do it will work on anything just about its basically for a laptop as it's a bit smaller than standard mouse but that's better for my hands. From E-Buyer

byfordr 17:07 26 Apr 04

Just got a H/P mouse the other day for my mum, for the price absolutely amazing value, will order some more when I next buy from Ebuyer.

woodchip 17:18 26 Apr 04

Best thing after sliced bread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…