New Keyboard

Admiral Allstar 18:13 25 Nov 04

I am considering the purchase of two spangly new parts for my pc:

A new keyboard and a usb hub.

I was considering a wireless keyboard, but dont know which one is good or what to look out for.

Also, with regards the usb hub, what should I look for?

Kegger 18:20 25 Nov 04

Hi Admiral,
I have been using logitech wireless keyboards as i have found them to be excellent. In my last job as an IT manager i bought in excess of three hundred of them and never had a failure. the service / helpdesk even supplied free a wireless adapter after a break in at one of our sites. the only down side is the batteries which can run out at the most awkward times. however Logitech supplies software which will pop up a message when battery starts to go down.

on the USB hub i would go with a Belkin model

Belatucadrus 18:33 25 Nov 04

click here for a similar posting on keyboards.

As to the hub, it depends what you want to plug in it, if it's items like card readers, flash drives or stuff with their own power supply, a cheapo like this click here if however it's stuff like scanners that draw all their power from the USB, get a powered one click here if you intend to daisy chain them, get powered ones.

Admiral Allstar 18:47 25 Nov 04

Thanks guys(and gals?)

I will check out those suggestions. I like the idea of a powered hub.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…