New ISP & new Router/mode, what have I done wrong?

gartoye 19:55 19 Jun 06

Hi PC Advisors
Im having trouble configuring the GURU GART2-4112 adsl wired router/modem I bought for my sister. At the address bar in explorer i type 192.168.1.1 & get taken to the GURU setup page, I type in Admin Admin to get into the configuration, but when im on the page where I enter my sisters new username and password (from the letter from Pipex) the screen seems to refresh about every 10 secs, theres simply not enough time to log in & save her new details. When i first enter the ip address the first main screen is fine (plus all the other pages), its just the ISP details screen which is constantly refreshing.
When i switched from bt to pipex myself i had no probs configuring my bt router, i advised her to use them too and offered to set it all up for her, I dont know what to do now. As it says in the router instruction booklet this method should work on all operating systems (xp in this case). Ive also tried using the enclosed cd and launching the windows router setup wizard, this installs fine but i get a code 404 error when i try and click on the desktop icon. Incidentally, I also got a 404 error when i tried using firefox to enter the router config instead of explorer & couldnt connect at all. Ive searched this forum for ages trying to find a similar thread but still dont know what ive done wrong. one more thing, in the guru set up the modem test fails. Ive gone through the setup dozens of times and am pretty sure all the right boxes are ticked etc as per the help section of the safecom website, please help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…