New internet connections just appear

leet90 16:47 14 Aug 06

New internet connections just keep appearing without me knowing is there a way to stop this.
thanks
lee

Stuartli 16:48 14 Aug 06

You will have to elaborate somewhat more to make sense of your query.

leet90 16:51 14 Aug 06

well i have tiscali broadband and when i 1st turn my computer on theres only the tiscali broaband connection to dial (going on start then network connections) then if my line drops and disconnects as from time to time it does i go to dial again but theres other connections there like user1002 and also other connections like it. I delete them but they appear soon after ive done that

Stuartli 16:56 14 Aug 06

Right click on the new connection icons and have a look at its Properties - it will/should reveal the path for the shortcut(s).

leet90 16:58 14 Aug 06

ill try that when 1 appears and try to sort it out from there if i cant ill have to post in here again
thanks

FelixTCat 17:23 14 Aug 06

leet90,

When you look at the properties, check the numbers they dial. If they are premium rate (09-) then you have a virus creating them.

Regards,

Felix

Dell Latitude 17:25 14 Aug 06

it could be a dialer trojan i had that but i couldnt get rid so i ended up reinstalling windows

leet90 17:38 14 Aug 06

thanks for your help if it continues i think ill install windows xp again

Gongoozler 18:06 14 Aug 06

If you think you have a rogue dialer, try AntiDialer click here. It is also worth checking your network connections, Start - All Programs - Accessories - Communications - Network connections. In Dial up you should have only the connections you have installed. Fortunately if you only have broadband connected rogue dialers won't actually be able to make any connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos