new to the internet

dgful 21:05 18 Sep 03

hi i'm new here but have a question built a little web-site with netobjects fusion but do not know ht to post it to my free space provided by my isp, running winXP can anyone help
thanks

Forum Editor 22:57 18 Sep 03

Before you begin, make sure you are online.

1. At the top of the screen in NetObjects Fusion you'll see 'Publish site' - click on that.

2. A dialogue box will open, and you'll see an entry marked 'Local publish'. Alongside that is a button with a pen icon - click that.

3. Select the button marked 'New profile'

4. The next box will have 'Remote' selected by default - click OK and enter a name of your choice under 'New profile name'

5. Fill in the details of the FTP host provided to you by your ISP - if you don't have the details, look in the help section of your ISP's web site.

6. Under the 'Directory' heading, enter the name of your personal directory on the ISP web site - again, you must get this information from your ISP.

7. Now enter the username and password that you use to connect to your ISP.

8. Click on OK and NetObjects Fusion will publish your web site to the server. When it's finished you can view the site in Internet Explorer.

Forum Editor 14:32 20 Sep 03

go OK?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…