New Int. PCI 56K/V92 Modem on MSI-6340M v1

Giggle n' Bits 22:05 29 Sep 03

Tried 2 new modems which are 56k/v92 PCI Internal.
The problem is the computer will not boot or show any display when modem is fitted into PCI Slot. I have tried 2 free PCI slots and the Monitor just enters amber to standby and thats all.

Shurely the two modems carn't both be dead or faulty ? Is it a compatibilty issue with this old MSI-6340M Rev.1 motherboard which I wapped out of my mates old Tiny branded pc.

Any suggestions welcome.

madPentium 22:21 29 Sep 03

is could be a conflict problem. Look in the bios and make sure that interupts havn't been allocated to pci slots.

madPentium 22:22 29 Sep 03

Also, not sure, but some of those motherboards had built in modems. Again, check onboard modem is disabled in the bios.

Giggle n' Bits 22:23 29 Sep 03

In bios there is nothing relating to onboard modem but the downloaded manual shows different bios which has settings for it.

The only ref in bios I have is MC97 Modem Auto, Enable or Dissable.

Giggle n' Bits 22:26 29 Sep 03

Now thats something I do not understand.

All I can say is all PCI slts are free unless i put the modem in a slot and theres a AGP card in AGP slot.

Giggle n' Bits 22:37 29 Sep 03

1 is a 56K/V90 & other is a 56K/V92 so that rules out the V90/92 compatibilty issue.

The The motherboard did have a:. think they call it a CNR or ANR modem but that was damaged or dead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…