New Installation

zimbo919 13:54 02 Feb 05

To eliminate a virus I have been told to format my hard drive and install a fresh version of W98 Second Edition (my current OS).

First of all; how do I uninstall the current W98?

How do I format my hard drive before installing a new version of W98?

Cheers

ACOLYTE 13:56 02 Feb 05

First what virus do you need to get rid of a format may not be needed?.If it is that can be explained later.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 14:08 02 Feb 05

i concur with ACOLYTE a format may be a bit drastic at this stage most viruses can be removed even if they are somewhat tricky at times

zimbo919 15:20 02 Feb 05

The virus is a message box which occurs whilst I am on-line which reads: 'please wait preparing plug-in' address bar reads: download: tibsystems.com

When I come off-line an XXX icon has appeared on my desk top!

Have used Spy Sweeper to remove it but the message box keeps appearing about 5-10 mins after I log on to internet.

PsiFox 16:40 02 Feb 05

How to remove manually here

click here

Also google search for more info

click here=

Psifox

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 02 Feb 05

read this thread from another forum click here

ACOLYTE 16:47 02 Feb 05

Firstly you dont wont to go to tibsystems.com/ it downloads dialers onto your pc and if you are on dialup that can get expensive,secondly i would check for rougue dialers on the system already if you have had this on the pc a while there's no telling what you downloaded try click here and scan your system if you are on BB then the dialers wont be an issue but its still worth scanning and getting rid of any that are there.

zimbo919 13:16 09 Feb 05

Still having problems - followed advice given by PsiFox (spysubtract research centre) to remove it this pest manually but couldn't even find it in the registry! HELP!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…