New install of XP & printer wizard

The Dazza 22:42 08 Jun 06

I have reformated and reinstalled XP on a machine and installed a printer & driver a few weeks later and now every time the machine boots up it automatically starts the add printer wizard.Obviously after exiting the wizard the printer still works as I have successfully installed the most up to date drivers previously. It only started doing this after connecting the printer to the machine and as I say the first time it came up I successfully installed the drivers.Please advise.Cheers

terryf 00:19 09 Jun 06

try uninstalling the printer, go to control panel>printers, right click the printer and then delete it. Re-boot and windows should find the printer again

The Dazza 19:13 09 Jun 06

does anyone have any further suggestions as what to try? It's a friends machine so I will go fully armed if I have more options. Cheers guys.

The Dazza 19:29 09 Jun 06

I forgot to mention that every time my machine boots up it comes up found new hardware (the hardware being the printer)Epson Stylus C64 then the wizard comes up.How do I stop this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…