New install of Win 2000. Can't open file on 2nd HD

neko 22:26 24 Jun 03

Hi'

I had Win xp Prof on my C drive and some files on a seperate HDD. I got rid of XP and put on Win 2000 Prof on my C drive. I can open most things on my other drive still but not a certain folder of jpegs and mpegs.
All drives are NTFS. All permissions are ok. I can log on as Administrator.
The only thing I did notice was the folder was encrypted for some reason, although I don't know why as it is just a home PC. I unchecked the encryption but still no luck.
Is it maybe because XP encrypted it? or am I missing something here.
My IT department can't help, so hopefully someone out there can!

Thanks in advance.

BBez 23:52 24 Jun 03

Click Start, click Run, type mmc /a, and then click OK. On the Console menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in, and then click Add. Under Snap-in, click Group Policy, and then click Add. In Group Policy Object, click Local Computer, click Finish, click Close, and then click OK. In Local Computer policy, click Public Key Policies. In the details pane, right-click Encrypted Data Recovery Agents.
Click Add, and then follow the instructions in the Add Recovery Agent wizard. Be prepared to provide the wizard with the user name for a user with a published recovery certificate.

Alternatively, you can use the wizard to browse for .cer files that contain information about the recovery agent you are adding.

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
Adding a recovery agent from a file identifies the user as USER_UNKNOWN. Before you can add or create a recovery agent, the Group Policy snap-in and its Public Key Policies extension must be installed on your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…