new IE7 favourites and history tab

alan in spain 09:26 25 Nov 06

can anyone throw any light on why, when we open ie7 and select the gold star (favourites centre) either the previously saved favourites have gone missing or the history tab appears instead.

My partner keeps asking me why someone is snooping at his history !!! because when he leaves the pc,( having last used the favourites option), the next time he uses it the history tab appears. Also why the saved favourites dont save for long. they seems to drop off the list.

we have 2 pcs both running xp with all updates on athlon 2gb processors, avg and zone alarm and are using a networked wireless router on adsl. all data is save by default to an external 250gb hard disc with sharing on both pcs. any clues or any pointers anyone could offer ?

thanks guys I know someone may be able to help save any more domestic arguments just b4 christmas LOL

Technotiger 09:49 25 Nov 06

Hi, your saved fav's are still there, trouble is, I can't remember exactly how I found mine - I reverted to IE6 cos IE7 was giving me other problems. I think I righ-clicked on the Star to find my fav's. Just experiment, they are there somewhere.

Anyway, no doubt someone else will come on and tell you exactly.

Cheers

anskyber 09:58 25 Nov 06

Interesting. Try tools, toolbars and tick favorites.

Eric10 10:11 25 Nov 06

When you click on the gold star you'll find tabs at the top of the drop down list for Favorites, Feeds, and History. It should open at the tab that was active when favorites were last closed.

jimv7 10:54 25 Nov 06

Try this, it worked for me, click here

Pine Man 12:59 25 Nov 06

Right click on the toolbar then tick MENU all the old style menus will appear in the tool bar and all your old favourites will be where hey used to be!

alan in spain 01:26 26 Nov 06

hi guys

well thanks to Pine man whos little tip worked brilliantly and i now have my faves back again.

still confused as to what happened to them in the first place and why the history tab pops up even if "favourites" was the last thing selected.

I will leave this up for just a day or two more and then mark it as closed if no other help or tips come along.

thanks again

alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…