New help finding a new desktop PC

SW9 22:04 13 Aug 07

Hello, I need help.

I have a Tiny 1999 PC running on Windows 98. I have internet via BT dial up. I now need to upgrade, BT can no longer support my internet via W98.

I have looked long and hard around the web for advice, read/ search this forum and others. And I think in my case too much information /choice is definately a bad thing, I am more confused than when I started a few months ago.

My budget, including a printer and things to run cable broadband,is around £1000.

What I want my PC to do:

Word processing/spreadsheets/simple games
Able to cope with broadband
Download & play music/films/ DVDs
Write my own DVDS/CDs
Able to access, play internet radio

I Would like latest CPU (so I don't have to buy a new machine 1 year later and so forth)
Vista Home Premium (as above)
Ram at least 1 or 2GB
Can be upgraded

I will also need speakers and sub woofer, printer (laser?)
cable router/modem?

Which retailers would you recommend Dell, Novatech, Mesh, PC World?

Am I asking too much?
Thank you in advance.

skidzy 22:31 13 Aug 07

My latest pc comes from PC World and very happy with it.
However i also have a couple of machines from Dell and i think this maybe your best bet for your needs.

You will not need the £1000 budget.

Regarding the modem broadband setup,your choosen provider normally supplies these for free.

click here
click here
click here add the os and monitor and you will have spent the £1000 from the Novatech link.

These are justt ideas and im sure others will add to it.

HCOOH 11:56 14 Aug 07

Some base units
click here

easyvibe 16:53 14 Aug 07

hi just order my new pc from cougar systems based in notts excellent customer service

Holty001 12:51 23 Aug 07

Hi

Check out click here service is great and all products are well priced if not best around. I have bought 2 PC's from them and always get top service and products

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5