New HDD mpt recognised

Sonic21 18:02 19 Jan 05

Hi,

This one has been troubling me all day i have rebuilt my computer into a New case new quiter fan new psu all on the quite side system sounds great problem is i got a 160 gig Maxtor Hard Drive and loaded it up Windows Xp detects the drive and installs the driver but when i go into My Computer i find its not there i have tried putting it on its own on and IDE cable does not work even when i have it on with my cd-writer it displays the CD-writer but not the HDD.

My conclusion was there was something wrong with the hard Drive frustrated i went to PC world and bought another intending on sending back the 160 gig but same thing happens it's a Samsung 80gig detects the hard drive installs the drivers but doesent display it under my computer or in windows explorer.

Anyone got any suggestions?

spikeychris 18:12 19 Jan 05

Is this a second HDD on the same machine, as in are there two HDD's?

Sonic21 18:35 19 Jan 05

Hi, Yeh they are i have tried putting them on diffrent ide cables though makes no diffence when I check under computer management it says there is an unknow uninisiated 160 gig drive connected when i click on inisiate makes no diffrence,

spikeychris 18:40 19 Jan 05

Format the little tinker. Windows will not know its there if you don't.

Start run and type diskmgmt.msc format it.

Sonic21 18:45 19 Jan 05

Thankyou I never had to do that with previous versions of Windows.

Formated

spikeychris 18:49 19 Jan 05

You can send one back now ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…