New HDD Capable but command failed

Andrynuim 21:04 07 Aug 14

Hi guys i have a problem with my new hdd.I have a desktop and my motherboard supports sata 2 but the hdd is sata 3.From where i bought the hdd they told me that it will automatically run with sata 2.First i pluged in my new hdd set boot to cd rom and waited. When i tried to install windows 7 64 bit the hdd wouldnt apear on the screen...i pluged in my old hdd and went to disk manager and the new hdd wouldnt apear there too..Then i checked bios and its detected..can you help me??

northumbria61 06:13 08 Aug 14
  Andrynuim 16:40 08 Aug 14

lazarus i have already done that...it didnt work..

rdave13 18:55 08 Aug 14

Andrynuim ,apologies if this is trying to get grandma to suck eggs but in disk management did you scroll down on the bottom 'frame'? Top 'frame' shows what Windows already recognizes. Bottom frame will show devices that need to be either formatted, initialized and/ or allotted a letter.

Andrynuim 07:01 09 Aug 14

rdave13 dude im not an idiot....i know where to search but i cant find the answer....this hdd wont show up!I searched everywhere and the only place that the new hdd shows up is the bios and when i boot the pc it says S.M.A.R.T. Capable But Command Failed...i tried to disable S.M.A.R.T. but it didnt work...i download a wd's program that checks the hdds if they pass smart it wont show up again...Thats why im asking help...

BRYNIT 07:42 09 Aug 14

You do not say what Mother board you have, what make of hard drive. You may have to make changes in the bios for the drive to be seen or even. Have you been to the HD manufacture site to check for anything advice. Have you tried installing it into a USB caddy and see if this will allow you to see the hard drive and format it. Have you tried a partition manager program like Easeus or Paragon.

XavierBiswas 03:12 06 Nov 14

S.M.A.R.T. CapablebutCommand Failed

Change HDD maybe it has bad sector or maybe cable and connectors have some problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…