New HDD & Award Bios Capability

Press Man 18:08 16 Nov 04

Hi Guys,

Instructions for setting up the Western Digital hdd are confusing! At one stage it says to use the "Data Lifeguard Tools" to format and partition, it also says to use XP to do the same thing, with no need to use the "Data Lifeguard Tools"? Also to check the bios capability for a 80gig drive. I have a Slotek 75KV+ mobo with an Award Modular Bios V6.00PGN, ID 12/14/2000/-8363-686B-6A6L. Can anybody tell me if this bios version will support a Western Digital 80gig hdd? If not do I need to update the bios? If so where can I find an update, already been to Soltek site but no joy? Any help with this will be welcome. Thanks in advance of your help.

fredski 18:47 16 Nov 04

Hi PressMan,
I can't tell you if your MoBo will support an 80Gig HDD in it's present form, You will just have to go through the motions to find that out. However XP will be fine. If you require updated Bios for this MoBo goto click here
or better still click here

have fun

Press Man 17:54 17 Nov 04

fredski,

All up and running "yippee". Setting jumpers was a little confusing, manual documentation and info on hdd did not agree, even the WD web site info did not agree.

Thanks.

fredski 18:31 17 Nov 04

Press Man,
Good to hear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos