New HD and acronis

daisy2bell 21:37 19 Mar 07

I installed a new HD today. I used acronis to restore my computer. Installing all the software I have usualy take a few hours, but with the immage from acronis it took just over half an hour.
This has to be the best money I have ever spent on software.
It was here on pcadvisor that I got to know about acronis. So a big thank you to pcadvisor.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:48 20 Mar 07

Thanks daisy2bell, just wish most people would backup regularly with something like Acronis, would save alot of trouble and grief of lost data.

keef66 11:11 20 Mar 07

Me too; Acronis TI 10 and an external HDD for £80; now when the kids muck it up I can be up and running again in no time. Also peace of mind knowing the digital pics are in 2 different places. Money well spent.

daisy2bell 14:33 20 Mar 07

I regulary do backups, and apart from using acronis, I also store my backups on an external HD and on the other 2 computers. This has saved my bacon a few times.

Batch 16:25 20 Mar 07

I'm a TI convert (from a year or so ago) as well, daisy2bell.

Previously it was just zip up all the data and back it up. But no way of quickly recovering from major OS issues or disk failure - reinstalls were the only way.

Now TI comes to the rescue in a matter of minutes. I image frequently and restore quite often too (just did one a few minutes ago). I've never had a problem at all using TI (V8 in my case).

It has made me much more confident (some might say cavalier, but I'm not laughing) in making changes, installing software and handling any malware. Any issues, I just flip back to the last image and away I go. Plus, as I keep the data on a separate partition from the OS & programs, I don't then have to restore any data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…