new hardware wizard - how to stop it

howard60 21:22 20 Aug 03

having fitted a new hard drive in my daughters pc and loaded win xp and motherboard driver every time I boot up the wizard starts. no matter that either the mobo cd or the latest driver is pointed too it is unable to install the drivers. The box marked don't try this again makes no difference if ticked or not. Does anyone know how to stop the wizard for this item - bus master - apart from this message the pc operates perfectly. The mobo is an epox EP-8KTA3L+.

The Sack 22:43 20 Aug 03

you only need bus mastering if you are using DOS can you turn it off in the BIOS?

Kitz E Kat 22:45 20 Aug 03

Hi , Howard60, i had a very smillar problem earlier, trying to load a modem, every time i rebooted it wanted to load the drivers again, i have very little hair left!!!!!

The problem turned out to be an ' intrusion detection' thing on the computer, ie. every time you open the case the computer gives a warning to this effect, i disabled this and bingo no problems since, it was a DELL optiplex.

LIke i say its a long shot ...
It will bump you up if notin else!!!!!!
Good luck
Kitz E Kat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…