New Hardware not installing???

BurghBhoy 12:40 25 Aug 08

Got a new Ipod recently (classic), also got a new mobile a while back. The problem is when I connect either to my PC the computer wont recognise either?
The bubble pops up saying "new hardware found ipod" then I get a message saying "Cannot install this hardware - There was a problem installing this harware: ipod, an error occured during the installation of this device, the data is lnvalid"

Tried various things, uninstalling & reinstalling i tunes, uninstalling anti-virus, resettiing ipod. Never had any bother in the past with other ipods or phones connected via USB. Using Windows XP

Any advice appreciated!

cheap 18:40 25 Aug 08

Have you got the disks with the drivers on ?
If not go to relevent sites and download them.

EFC1878 21:54 25 Sep 08

I am having similar problems.

Me my wife and daughter have recently got new mobile phones and having installed the software I then tried to connect the phones(s) I kept getting the same message and the pc would not recognise the phone.

Thinking that I had created a problem by mixing up the cables [they are sony ericsons] I sought an alterntavie.

I went out and bought a usb bluetooth. Whilst installing the software I was asked to connect the bluettoth device. As soon as I did the found new hardware message came up followed by the problem installing the hardware etc.

I am beginning to wonder if for some reason my usb ports are not accepting / /recognising new hardware.

I really would appreicate advise as I do not know what to do - and I am gettin grief because photos can't be transfered etc.

woodchip 21:59 25 Sep 08

When you connect your phone, Have you switched it on first before plugging it in? also check Phone screen for how you want PC to use it

EFC1878 22:01 25 Sep 08

Yes it was switched on.

As this has happened now with the avent buletooth usb I am startng to think that ther eis a generic problem installing hardware as the same message appears

EFC1878 22:07 25 Sep 08

Woodchip

Have you any ideas I can try?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017