new hardware found message when i boot up

morris948 19:29 20 Apr 03

I have Win XP pro installed, every time i boot up,the system it keeps finding my monitor as new hardware found.
everything works OK with the monitor.
The graphics card is ATI radeon 9000 all in wonder,and the monitor is a Nokia 446Xpro, i have installed the CD that comes with the monitor but the message that comes up With the new hardware found is 'cannot find the INF file'

is it because the monitor is connected to the supplied adaptor that came with the graphics card, because the graphics card only has a DVI input connector?

AndySD 21:12 20 Apr 03

Try booting into Safe Mode (tap at F8 whilst the pc starts) and Go to the Control Panel then System then Device Manager then Hardware and remove all the monitors except the Nokia. Reboot and see it the problem still happens.

Embezzler 21:13 20 Apr 03

This happens to me but it comes up with a message about my printer and then it finds the driver and asks me to restart.

I just ignore it.

Rayuk 21:14 20 Apr 03

Try and reinstal drivers via Devie manager and point it to the driver file on your cdrom see if it finds it that way.
Or you could download them onto your harddrive and point it there.This happened to me recently and had to force it to the file.

morris948 21:47 06 May 03

This is frustrating, i tried all those things but when it reboots it actually says 'found new hardware Nokia 446 pro' every time, well!! if it can describe the make and model of the hardware why cant it find it??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…