New Hardware

NoIdea21 22:41 08 Oct 06

Will installing new RAM & GRAPHICS CARD myself invalidate my warrenty.

skidzy 22:48 08 Oct 06

Yes,some systems have a sticker on the case and warns you if opened Warranty void.

NoIdea21 23:10 08 Oct 06

Cheers For your reply skidzy.
No sticker or warning on case,
Purchased from Quantum Microponents Ltd.
Just added 512mb RAM & Inno3D NVIDIA GeFORCE FX 550 Graphics card.
Would wondering if I had any problems with system wether or not I would still be covered.
Systen is 3 weeks old.

Stuartli 23:19 08 Oct 06

Have you actually read the warranty terms and conditions or asked the company involved about its policy?

I can understand some companies being reluctant to maintain a warranty if the system is not as originally supplied during the warranty period; on the other hand it's your property...:-)

Totally-braindead 00:48 09 Oct 06

Have to agree with the others here. To see if you have invalidated your warranty you would have to check with them. Some insist the warranty is over if you open the case, some will allow you to add more RAM but thats it. I think most would be a bit iffy about you adding components like graphics cards.
But you would have to confirm with them.

NoIdea21 23:13 09 Oct 06

Thank you everyone for the advice, I will check

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…