New Hard Drive - What Type?

Confab 09:48 21 May 05

I currently have an old system - P111 running Win98 with a 12GB HD. I want to add another larger HD, say 120GB, and I've got the option of upgrading the BIOS for $29.95 should this cause a problem.

Does anyone know the best/easiest/quickest way of finding out what type of HD I should buy, one that will be compatible with my system? I'm a bit confused about the terminology.

Thanks in advance

AndySD 10:10 21 May 05

You will need an EIDE Drive. Most companies will supply software on their website for free to overcone the size barriers... click here as an example.

dan11 10:50 21 May 05

PCI IDE controller cards can also be used. The main 12 gig can stay. The controller card will give you more IDE channels or even SATA and IDE like this one. click here This one would give you space for upto 4 more IDE devices and will support drives over 127Gig ( does not matter about the bios ) for £12.87 click here

So you could have a couple of SATA drives or a couple of 200Gig ATA133's if you wanted. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…